Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Its called a breakup because it's broken...

So as I blog more and read more blogs...sometimes they make me think, make me happy, make me cry, make me smile, or make me laugh (if it's out loud I know its good).  So I'm not really sure of the etiquette of "sharing" peoples posts from their blogs but I want to.  This one I found really funny today...
She's just not that into you c*ck
That's right it says that...it gave me a good laugh this morning.
Particularly because I love both the books "He's Just Not That Into You" and its kind of written in the same vein.  The movie was good too.
Here are some of my favourite quotes from the movie!



Gigi: Girls are taught a lot of stuff growing up. If a guy punches you he likes you. Never try to trim your own bangs and someday you will meet a wonderful guy and get your very own happy ending. Every movie we see, Every story we're told implores us to wait for it, the third act twist, the unexpected declaration of love, the exception to the rule. But sometimes we're so focused on finding our happy ending we don't learn how to read the signs. How to tell from the ones who want us and the ones who don't, the ones who will stay and the ones who will leave. And maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe... it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is... just... moving on. Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the unreturned phone calls, broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment you never gave up hope.
 

Gigi: I would rather be like that, then be like you.
Alex: Excuse me? What's that supposed to mean?
Gigi: I may dissect each little thing and put myself out there so much but at least that means that I still care. Oh! You've think you won because women are expendable to you. You may not get hurt or make an ass of yourself that way but you don't fall in love that way either. You have not won. You're alone. I may do a lot of stupid shit but I'm still a lot closer to love than you are.

Gigi: Hey sorry to bug you again! Uh quick question.
Alex: What's going on?
Gigi: Ok I'm making out with this guy, PG stuff. but he mentions he's going out of town so he's gonna be out of touch.
Alex: Run.
Gigi: But maybe he is going out of town.
Alex: To where? New Guinea? Where's he gonna be that he's gonna be out of touch?
Gigi: Opens bathroom door - Where are you going out of town to again?
Gigi: Pittsburgh
Alex: Run.
Gigi: So what now I'm just supposed to turn from every guy who doesn't like me?
Alex: Uh. Yeah!
Gigi: There's not gonna be anybody left.

 
 
and the same author wrote a book called "Its called a breakup because its broken" which I think is pure genius! 




Maybe I should dig these books up because I think they are around here somewhere...
Why is it that "this" part right now ...is the suckiest most hurtful of everything...I wish I could fast forward 6 months into my life.
xoxo
Teagan

2 comments:

  1. I've never read these, but I want to! And I never saw the movie either - also want to! I LOVE all those quote. ESP the "To where? New Guinea? Where's he gonna be that he's gonna be out of touch?" This is SO true! In this day and age, there is NO excuse for being out of touch.

    Hell, I just read this on iReport on cnn, "You can be driving through places like Tari in the Southern Highlands and see people walking by in full tribal gear with a mobile phone glued to their ear!"

    here's the link: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-511859

    NO EXCUSE for no communication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw - that quote was about Papau New Guinea.

    ReplyDelete