Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chapter S-2: Making Plans

Okay I'm still working on how to format stuff etc. with my ExBoyfriendProject...if it's not to annoying and for the sake of my rules (see here for the rules) for being completely honest I think sometimes (especially with Spencer) I will just directly copy emails.  Then you can really be the judge of how things went.  I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do but hey he already dropped me like yesterday's trash and maybe I can gain some perspective of how things got so completely and utterly ruined.

So the rest of my time in Korea was a whirlwind.
Kurt and I went all over the place visiting the ocean, palaces and sampling awesome food.
We went shopping for art in a ton of places and I accompanied him to school one day.
I even had a formal tea with his principal which was a really nice and just felt like such an honour.

I had almost forgot about Spencer...
except when I went online to check in for my flight back to Singapore and I realized he had sent me this email...

Subject: Hey you!
------------------------

From: Spencer
Date: Sun, Oct 18, 2009
To: Teagan

Hey,
    First and Foremost, I hope all is well! I also hope you are enjoying your time here in Korea. It was my absolute pleasure to be able to randomly meet such a great person. All my life, I have been blessed by such things (not meeting girls in bars, thought it would be nice). I am extremely happy to have the Friends (welcome to that list) I have, and my family, well... I could not ask for a better one! I am really looking forward to meeting you on Wednesday. I was thinking, if you think it might throw too much confusion ( you coming here to the base), I can drive out to the W hotel. Just to let you know, I really wanted to stay out with you the other night, but I understand you came here to see your friends and not me. I needed to give that respectful space. I will look forward to your response via email. Take care!


Spencer
"De Oppressor Liber"
“It’s not the nature of his weapons that insures victory, but rather the unconquerable soul of a man” General George S. Patton


What can I say the guy had a thing for General Patton (famous Army dude) which I would come to learn.  Overall it was a nice email and I figured I had nothing to lose by having breakfast with him the morning before my flight.  I did stay in the W hotel because duh it's my fav.  The funny thing is now I know he freaked for the whole day and half because I didn't respond but I was busy traveling!

Here was my response... (a day and a half later haha)

From: Teagan
Date: Mon, Oct 19, 2009
To: Spencer

Hi you,

Things are going great!  Time is just flying by way to quickly I feel like there is a million things I would like to do in Korea but definitely will just have to plan another trip out...I'm pretty bummed I couldn't do the DMZ tour but my travel fell exactly between the tours dates. Thank you for the nice complement, it was cool to meet you even though you beat me at rock paper scissors.  We can meet at the W hotel I haven't even looked at what is there and all (I'm sure we can have breakfast/brunch there) but I usually just stay at the W because it is my favourite.  My fight leaves at 1:05pm from Incheon not sure how early I have to get to the airport (I'm spoiled in Singapore only needed to be there an hour before)...so I know it might be kind of an early breakfast. Talk to you soon.

Teagan

And his response...

From: Spencer
Date: Tue, Oct 20, 2009
To: Teagan

Ok what time am I going to show up to the W chicka bonita? We (the guys) have a pretty good time set up for tonight doing umm tuesday night football. Seeing we cant get monday night football live. If this is something you would be down for, please let me know quickly, Ma'am. It is in Itaewon, at this pretty tight bar....

Spencer


Hmm the rando pet name was alright I guess...to me when I hear Chicka I think Chicita like the Banana...anyway...my response...

From: Teagan
Date: Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 4:37 AM
To: Spencer

Hey you, we are headed to Seoul shortly...where in Itaewon will y'all be?  We are going to check into the hotel first but may try and catch the game...what time does it start?  

So Kurt and I headed into Seoul.  The hotel was amazing.  So we quickly decided NOT to head into Itaewon to watch football but instead to have a long dinner at the amazing hotel restaurant and then drinks at the fabulous loungy bar that boasts the world's longest bar (I think if memory serves me correct).  The elevator had rings hanging from the ceiling (like gymnastic rings) and we totally tested them out haha and they worked!  Kurt and I had a great last night in Seoul.  On the way up to the room it was easy to check my email (I did feel a little bad for not really getting a hold of Spencer...)

From: Spencer
Date: Tue, Oct 20, 2009
To: Teagan

I will be waking up around 5 in the morning, I am going to work for about an hour or so. I will be at the W hotel around 8 AM lets grab some grub, then start making our way to the airport. We dont have much time, but the time we have lets make it awesome. I went out tonight, had a couple, and quickly decided to call it an early night. I am looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. I will check my email 5-6 in the morning. Please let me know if there are any changes... I hope you have a great night!!!  

V/R,

Spencer

My slightly tipsy less than enthusiastic response.

From: Teagan
Date: Tue, Oct 20, 2009
To: Spencer

Sounds great. See you at 8am :)It was funny because talking to Spencer when we were together he was so worried that I would ditch him etc.  I really just didn't think too much about it and didn't see the point in investing too much.  Anyway, Kurt had to catch a 7am train to make it to his school on time to teach.  So I got up and slowly got ready for breakfast...I figured not a big deal... as if anything significant would ever happen with this guy.  Boy was I wrong...

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment