Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Twelfth Saturday

So I was on a pretty big (obviously natural) high on Friday after passing my National test.
So I'm just waiting on the Provincial test and then I can take the next step in my life.
Which will be FINALLY working in what I do rather than as a temp worker.

I didn't actually do anything Friday night to celebrate.
I just stayed in did laundry (which got complicated!), hung out with my dog and watched Life As We Know It.

It was cute.  Usually I LOVE brainless romantic comedies but it was just okay I guess.
Got to love it when the main character has to choose between the nice handsome doctor and the adorable bad boy.  I so wish I had that problem haha.  Here's the trailer.


So then I did Laundry...which you would think would be easy. 
Especially with my brother's fancy schmancy front load machines.
Except the dryer hates me.
It literally eats my clothes.
By catching a skinny strap (from a cami or thongs) and winds the clothes so tight they eventually snap.
Especially if I'm not paying careful attention.
Then I have to unwind my clothes to free them from the dryer.
I already hang dry 50-60% of my clothes but this is just getting annoying.
It appears to get caught on the corner of the lint trap but there isn't anything around it and it appears to be properly inserted.

The dryer doesn't eat my brothers clothes because he his maid/housekeeper (not me he literally has a housekeeper that does his laundry and cleans the house weekly!)  basically washes jeans, sweatshirts, and t-shirts.
Has this ever happened to anyone before? 
I think I might have to buy like a netted laundry bag to try and save my clothes because I've already lost way too many camis and thongs.



Then Saturday Jane came up for my next organization mission that I will go into more detail later in a seperate blog post.
The main reason was to go through a giant trash bag of clothes that I had brought back from Asia that included my pseudowedding dress (trying to figure out to toss it/light it on fire/trash the dress).
I did not think I would be so emotional about it.
Well maybe I did know it subconsciously which is why I was waiting for one of the girls to go through the bag.  Jane is pretty tough and a good rock steady friend.

So we got through a ton and then headed to my parents for dinner.
You see this is what I love to do.
I can't always handle my parents on my own so it's a nice buffer to have a friend there.
I enjoy it much more too because it disperses the negativity.

So my mum pulled me aside right before I left and said "I have some bad news your ring is a total fake I went and took it to two people who appraised it and it is fake.  So you really have nothing at all."
I was stunned...not because its fake (I will get to that in the Spencer chapters...here's a hint I found out AFTER he proposed that it was fake not before) but because my mum went and had it appraised without even talking to me about it.
As much as I'm trying to be honest with my parents I had no words at that point.
Then the sniper shot came "guess you shouldn't be planning any moves to Toronto or anywhere because you literally have nothing."
I just sort of stammered okay and left.
I was irritated though.  I know I have nothing...I know I made a HUGE mistake...and I don't need to be reminded every few days that I've been the big loser in this deal.  I'm already humiliated and can't wait for this story to hit the family...not so awesome.

So Jane and I left my parents and were going to join my cousin Bella and Shelby downtown for drinks.
Bella bailed because she was leaving in the morning for Cuba.
So we decided to dip into the 2 bottles of wine my dad had given us instead.
So we (Jane, Shelby and I) all hung out and watched Love and Other Drugs (I guess it really was a movie weekend).

Again just an okay movie.  Here's that trailer.

Then we all crashed and headed to bed.
I had the Bridal Shower the next day to gear up for.



Pics: http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/life_as_we_know_it_poster_03-405x600.jpg, http://www.what-song.com/images/posters/love%20and%20other%20drugs.jpg

4 comments:

  1. I loved life as we know it. Hated love and other drugs!

    boo to the shame rubbing! not cool );

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all.. you are not the loser. Spencer is. You got totally screwed over through no fault of your own. I think its awful that your mom makes you feel about about all if this because you are the victim here and its obvious you are really trying to get your life back.

    And my dryer does that too. Not to that extreme but i've lost the straps to camis and a few of the girls summer dresses that had thin straps. It is so annoying. I still don't have a good fix for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Thisisme- Totally agree that Life as we know it was WAY better than Love and Other Drugs.

    @Liz- I wish someone would let Spencer know he is a loser haha. My mum and I definitely have a strained akward relationship...it boggles my mind how some women have amazing relationships with their mums (totally jealous!) Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one that seems to have this problem (not that I wish ruined clothes on anyone). I think I will have to try and figure out something becuase its super annoying! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the hell, dryer?! That's not right.

    Liz is right: Spencer is the loser. Huge loser.

    ReplyDelete