Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Feeling more like myself...Weekend Recap

So I'm glad I decided to go to the TDot on Friday.
Even though I wanted to be a hermit (like I talked about here).
I left work earlier on Friday and headed out.
It was kind of miserable driving there because it was raining and dark (so OVER the winter darkness).
But I got to Val's place and met up with Jane and her husband.

So they were looking at menus for restaurants in a section of the city with a lot of international restaurants.  They had decided on Korean BBQ and my heart sunk.
But I plastered a smile on my face anyway.
The reason my heart sunk?
Because while I was living in Singapore Spencer lived in Korea.
We spent tons of time between those two places.
Of course anything Korean instatntly makes me think of Spencer.
Hey how often do "Korean" things come into your life... a lot more frequently than you would think!
Anywho I plastered the smile on my face and thought hey at least I'm going out on a Friday night and with my friends.

So we headed to the Korean Grill House and met up with Jane's brother too who lives in Toronto.
It was super fun and bright and modern.



All you could eat meat (chicken, salmon, pork, beef, short ribs and sausage) and vegetables (lettuce, onion, pineapple, mushrooms, peppers) and rice and the fixings (including kimchi) for $16 per person.
We ordered up the food and got started cooking.





Everytime I thought about Spencer I tried to just force the thought out of mind and focus on what the group was talking about etc.
As per usual with Jane she spilt an entire jar of soy sauce on the table which we all were hysterically laughing at because that is what Jane does.
She is my main reason for ordering slip covered dining room chairs versus nonslipcovered (as in my dream dining room).
It was a super delish dinner.
Then we all headed to a pub called Hemingway's which was PACKED.




It was pretty fun because it is a fun dive bar atmosphere in a ritzy neighbourhood (Yorkville) and definitely a place to see and be seen.  We just chatted and had some drinks.
By 1am we were pretty tired so we headed back to Val's place.

Val and I stayed up chatting.
She is a great person to chat to and I caught her up in the latest about Spencer and Jacob.
We slowly woke up the next morning probably around 10.
We made breakfast of baked cinnimon pancakes with fresh strawberries and blueberries and banana (wish I had taken pictures). 
Here was my favourite part of the whole weekend.  I finally felt like I did back in TX.  We were sitting around as a group of friends deciding what to do on a Saturday afternoon.
No real plans just good friends and a whole afternoon free.
I practically teared up at the shear joy in realizing this.
THIS is what I miss so so much.
Having my friends and being able to waste an entire afternoon.
The feeling of joy that filled my heart was perfect and amazing.

So we decided we should go see a movie.
And we decided on The Adjustment Bureau. 



Which ended up being so good and actually kind of a love story so I was super happy.
Here's the trailer.


After that we dropped Val off at home and Jane, her husband and I went shopping together.
We stopped in a furniture store first which got me even more excited for at some point getting my own place again.
Then we went to H&M I wish we had more time in there for sure but it was closing soon.
I was able to get myself a new work bag (for when I work again and to me is a good classic styling for interviews).  I need to be able to carry a few things and this bag is large and I fell in love with it.


I also found a contender for a dress for Eva's wedding.  What do you think?



I am also going to show it to Eva and make sure that she is cool with it.  It isn't white or ivory at all but it is a lighter pinky/peach and I would feel bad if it was considered to light in colour at a wedding (ie. competing with the bride).  It is a fun print that is kind of like a snakeskin but not really. The good news is I already have shoes that I think go PERFECT with it too.


The new work bag was $49.99 and the dress was $69.99 (which I think is a pretty good deal for the dress).  I think I could have gone pretty crazy in the store because everything is reasonably lower priced.  I'm glad I stuck to my mission though and didn't get pulled by the accessories (which I totally tend to do in places like H&M).  We finished shopping around 8 and then I drove home through horrible snow and ice rain which sucked but I was too blissed out on my fun overnight trip to care :)

Then today (Sunday) I just hung out at the house and then in the afternoon my friend came over and we worked out.  Tonight it will be some trash TV of Kim and Kourtney take New York and Holly's World.  Before I sleep and get ready for another week.  This weekend I felt like myself and had a glimpse of what a life in the TDot will be like and I'm excited.  Now time to cross my fingers that I passed all my tests and can hopefully plan for an April move date!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for relaxing weekends full of the things we need the most - emotional refills :) .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly!!! That is the wording I was searching for emotional refills! Yea for that but I think I need a weekend in your neck of the woods...as soon as I get all the immigration sorted I would love to plan a trip there :) Miss you xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would LOVE for you to come here for a weekend!! That would be such a blast again!!! Now I'm so excited thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and do you have a photo of Eva's fiancee's cousins? This dress you already bought is gorgeous and I can imagine will look stunning on you, but it's hard to tell if it will go with the style of the wedding without knowing what their style is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to try and come there...honestly what holds me back is the stress of the flag on my passport and dealing with immigration which scares the crap out of me.

    Hmmm I don't have photos of them I will try and describe them. Well a lot were wearing Christian Louboutin shoes (which I can barely spell and definitely don't own). A lot of Missoni dresses and DVF wrap dresses. No pants were seen. Just all very expensive and very stylish. A lot of jewel tones like strong reds and purples. I feel like it's sort of hard to describe but you know when you can tell when people have had a blow out at the hairdresser. They ALL had blowouts and recent manicures. So I'm just a little concerned that my dress is too casual but maybe I can dress it up with accessories? Like great jewelry and a great handbag...or maybe an amazing fascintor...I just want to keep it polished and not look like I would wear it to a beach or the mall or something. Maybe I should get a manicure and pedicure too. For some reason I feel like I need to be prepared for this wedding. Weird.

    ReplyDelete