Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Namaste

Sooo after a failed attempt at the first birthday gift for my mum.  Though it was a lovely suggestion someone awesome gave me...it didn't work.  I won't get into it but the framed photo of us was exactly met with enthusiasm.  It didn't go with her decor and it was accused of being a regift (it wasn't) so I put my mind to getting a different gift. 

Note to self... mum + sentimental gift = disaster.  The budget this year didn't allow for a gift from Tiffany's or other jewellry store (my usual go tos for her).  So it took me until much later on to come up with it.  And I promised I would write about it in this post here.  So here it is.

So I finally came up with what to get her.
A cute yoga outfit and yoga classes for us to go to together.
I was able to find a studio in my city that had an offer for $40 for 40 days which is phenomenol! 
My plan/gift was going 2 times a week and that would get us about 10 classes which is a great deal.

Then I set out to Lulu Lemon to find her a cute outfit.  I'm embarrased to admit I still don't own a pair of their incredible yoga pants or tanks yet but they are pretty darn pricy.  All my yoga gear comes from the fabulous Target.  And maybe my mum would think it was awesome that I don't even have a pair of these $98+tax yoga pants and I'm getting them for her.  So I was able to quickly decide on a pair of their relaxed fit pant.  I don't think my mum would love the super tight fitting ones.

I had no idea it was on Oprah's Favourite Things 2010 Show. 
Also "big ups" (aka massive props!) because it is a Canadian based company and gotta support the Maple Leaf.

I also got her a tank that I can't find on their website.
It has thick straps and is loose around the tummy area which would make my mum feel more comfortable.
That is definitely what she considers her "trouble spot".

At first when I gave her the things she thought they were too small (my mum has this problem of buying things WAY too big).  However, after going into the store and trying on the next size up she realized it was the proper size.  Then she said she would hate yoga and it would be too hard (this is where I plaster a smile on my face and speak slowly and as sweet as possible while wanting to freak out)...but I convinced her to at least give it a shot and at least try a beginner class with me.  Then she hurt her shoulder so our first yoga class has been delayed for two weeks while she gets treated.  Then hopefully we can start up.  This is my attempt to do an activity together without having to actually talk (I know I KNOW this sounds horrible but it's just how things go with us).  And not to be totally rude about it but my mum is kind of the most high strung and negative person ever so I'm hoping yoga can mellow her out a bit.  So mission completed...mum's bday gift...we'll see how successful it is later.



Pics from:  https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjc5_v1tWhLjCa_qDdYiX77Fy1ttDawsN685yS_nNWk8-4jWVW0GKbPWPc68urfJlokEVsdlFKV0wnrR8RkI422senUlCJ6f4iD7KAT7qCKbEfjO1edzRtjtovWmhD3bXy2ljKceUIxNaF-/s400/relaxed+fit+pant+side.jpg, http://www.dgyoga.com/Doutta%20Galla%20flyer%202008.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment