Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Stepping Forward

"Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation." - Brian Tracy

So real quick.
This morning I went to the lawyers to get my applications, pictures etc. notarized so I can begin my career in Canada (yippee again!!)  Another step forward in the right direction for sure.
Yesterday I tried to call Spencer and just left a voicemail...saying "Hey we need to talk to get everything finalized.  I would really like to move forward with everything as soon as possible.  Please call me back when you get a chance."  Because I haven't heard from him since February (read here) and he obviously doesn't give a flying fern that he said he would get back to me on March 10th!  What.a.jerk.

Anyway moving on and back to me...I felt like I was a super savvy saver because the application requires a 2" x 2" photo.  So instead of going to get a random passport photo taken I just used photo paper on my home printer and printed off a picture (instead of paying $16.99 + 13% Tax).  Also I think it is important to have a nice photo for things like memberships, student ID cards, etc because you never know what it may be used for.  For example based on my student ID card photo in Texas I was picked to be photographed for the new campus campaign in my last year (which was so fun and as close to modeling as I will ever get). 

Anywho my usual lawyer wasn't there so his hotter younger associate filled in to get me all "notarized".  He looks at my photo (don't cringe...it totally was one of my individual shots from my engagement photos (but it doesn't look engagment-ey. I like it because my hair/makeup/lighting is pretty freaking awesome!))  And he said, "wow that's certainly not a driver's license photo you look great!"  I blushed and said, "thank you."  As he walked out of the room to grab his notarizing instruments I glanced down at his left hand and yes...totally married but I just took the compliment and cherished it. 

We chatted for a bit after that and he asked me about my career in Canada and if I was just beginning to practice so I gave him the "cover story" (read about that here where I tried it for the first time) and it seemed to go pretty well again.  I think it is a positive enough story anyway.  When I left he said, "welcome home Teagan."  I actually felt pretty good.  How do I judge how good I'm interacting with people?  I totally have a system.  Well you see I have some people that I know that have the BEST interaction skills with others.  You know those incredibly social people who are just amazing and friendly and everyone instantly likes...that is my bestie Taylor.  It is impossible to meet her and not instantly like her and she can get along with anyone.  Well... I felt like Taylor as I was conversing...I felt smart and bubbly and pretty and friendly.  So when I walked out I noticed the sun was shining (albeit on the snowy walkway).  The air is still cold and crisp here but when I looked up to the sky I could feel the warmth from the sun on my face.  I took a deep breath in and smiled ...welcome home indeed.




Pic from: http://www.flash-screen.com/free-wallpaper/uploads/201005/imgs/1274770418_1280x1024_winter-sunshine.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment