Also know as test #2.
Test #1 was here.
It was intimidating just because we were traveling by car.
My hands were so so so terribly shaky.
But everything went off without a hitch!
And before we knew it I was looking at this glorious sign.
And it was such a beautiful day outside!
I can't believe how much things have been mild this winter.
Totally my saving grace.
So we headed to some outlets.
And we are both on a budget so I only got what I LOVED.
JCrew factory outlet store was where I got my three items.
It is my new trick when I go shopping for myself.
I allow myself three items.
So then I really choose carefully versus taking home a ton of items of which I won't wear but get caught up in the frenzy.
And what a great deal versus their regular priced items.
For example I got this printed Cecilia dress.
Has everything I love.
V-neck, straps that I can wear a nice bra, POCKETS!!!!, full skirt, and a tie to cinch in the waist.
I was also excited to be back into some better sizes after working out more.
This dress was Regularly $108+tax
With their dress promotion. It was $64.80!
Now granted I know it is their "factory" line and not the same as in store,
Both Val and I agreed that we preferred these pieces versus the actual store which you know we hit up later also.
My other two items...a sweater set.
In my favourite shade.
Pink of course! Well technically JCrew calls it Neon Azalea.
Jackie Cardigan (Factory) tag regularly $49.50 down to $29.70!
Jackie Shell (Factory) tag regularly $39.50 down to $23.70!
THIS to me was a FANTASTIC deal.
Considering that currently at the Canadian Regular (non-factory store).
The exact same pink Jackie Cardigan is $80 (+13% taxes)
and the exact same pink Jackie Shell is $54 (+13% taxes)
The sweater set alone would have cost me $151.42 here in Canada.
(JCrew is rather expensive in Canada).
And instead I spent a total of $125.52
(including the 8% taxes in New York) for a dress AND a sweater set.
On our way home we stopped in at Quinn's house.
She lives about half way between Niagara Falls and Toronto.
She and her husband had grilled up some burgers (home made patties with onion and garlic YUM!)
and we also had a homemade chickpea salad, homemade coleslaw and steamed broccoli.
It was delicious.
I also got to see Quinn's babies nursery for the first time (so cute).
And we all got caught up and chatted and finished off with some nice hot tea before Val and I headed on the road again back to the TDot.
So SO fun.
AND now I am planning the rest of my trips this year...
The For Sure's
- Florida Easter weekend (SO soon and SO SO excited!)
- Dallas in September
- Ann Arbor maybe October? I will be sporting my maize and blue proudly attending another football game weekend with my bestie Will (who I think may be coming next weekend to Canada!!!!)
- Maybe Auburn for a fall football game (I'm dying to see where my bestie went to school and cheer on a team in the South Division (I realize it is NOT called the South Division it is called something important that has lots of good schools and I for the life of me cannot remember what it is called. Thank goodness Auburn and UofM are in different divisions haha because I love them both dearly!)
- Maybe Chicago (shopping trip/see my bestie's brother perhaps!)
- Maybe Winnipeg (to see Sophie like I did last year).
- Maybe New York City (I am DYING to do the Sex and the City Tour!)
- Maybe Austin (to see a special close friend).
- And at this point I will also take any other suggestions!!!
Pics are my own and found here