Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Making a call


So I've had my stomach in knots about everything this weekend.
Imagine my surprize when today an email popped up from Eva.

Something along the lines of 'how was the rest of your weekend with the guys?  They all seemed really nice'

And now what the heck am I supposed to do with that?!
I'm so torn and just heartbroken on how this weekend went.
I don't know how to take this email at all or even worse how to respond.
She can't seriously mean they were nice after getting called out like that right???

So maybe I should take a poll...
Did Eva send this email due to:
a) guilty conscious
b) she is trying to really reach out (I know Eva is not confrontational at all (like me)

How should I respond?
a) Great. (hoping the short response shows how pissed I am).
b) Actually it was terrible thanks to my so called friends who humiliated me (a little brutal honesty)
c) No Response (because will anything change).

I don't know what to do.
And the problem is the longer I don't respond (unless this is my actual final choice) the more awkward I make things.
This blows.

3 comments:

  1. It sucks when "friends" just stop acting right and you don't have a clue what happened. :( I don't know why these people would act like this (seems catty and immature) but it's definitely not grown up behavior. Run, don't walk, away from this negative stuff! You aren't a mean girl and it doesn't suit you to be a part of the mean girl posse. I think that it's normal for this stuff to happen in our early 30's and it's part of being an adult, but this is when we weed out & find our friends who are important as we head into the next chapter. There is no point in trying to patch things up with people who make you miserable and are blatantly rude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the only thing about not responding at all is that you're not giving yourself the opportunity to tell them why you're pissed and you're not giving them the chance to fix it. I give people too many chances, though -- and you know these people. Can it change? Can they change? I hope so. And, if not, you deserve a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Beth- I think you are totally right. This is very mean girls. I wonder why this happens in our early 30's. To mean it seems like such a waste of time.

    @A- I know I need to respond. I just HATE confrontation. I'm terrible at it...and I totally always cry (even when I try really hard not to). I just have a feeling it will either be fault pointed at me or excuses and right now I just couldn't deal with either! And it's terrible because the longer I leave it the more awkward it will get!

    ReplyDelete