Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Girl's Night- May Two Four

So I already told you here.
How the weekend started off in the most awkward way possible.
I stayed flustered for the next hour at least.


I got the girls set up with some cheese, bread, strawberries and wine 
from St. Lawrence Market.
Then busied myself tidying up my place.
Trying to keep my flustered self occupied.


I was so flustered I dropped my ironing board.
Which sent Jane, Brooke and Brooke's daughter into fits of giggles.

I couldn't believe my nerves!


We lazed around and watched Ramona and Beezus.
It was fun looking through magazines and catching up.
Then we painted our toenails...all in all a pretty fun girly afternoon.
I miss these afternoons.
I miss these girls.


Then we headed to Jane's brother's house.
To meet her newborn nephew.
Who was just the cutest thing ever!


Before we knew it...it was after 9:30.
And we were losing Brooke's daughter fast.
She hit her wall of exhaustion.


So we headed to Pizza Libretto for some take out pizzas.
Pic from here

Just like on this date with MrKent!
We got the 

Ontario Prosciutto (tomato, basil, mozzarella ) ..... $16
House-made Sausage (caramelized onion, mozzarella, chili oil ) ..... $16
Cremini Mushroom (bufala mozzarella , gorgonzola, roasted garlic , rosemary, thyme, pecorino) ..... $17

Pic from here, the Cremini pizza

And it was delish!
I highly recommend this place.
AND because these traditional pizzas are cooked in 90 seconds (at 900 degrees).
It is super fast take out.
Pizzeria Libretto danforth
Pic from here



So we opened some wine and gorged our selves on pizza.
Watching the first episode of The Bachelorette.
Before crashing for the night.


Sunday morning we woke up and got all dolled up.
Brooke's daughter and I wore matching pink bow headbands.
We first headed to Aunties and Uncles which was rated #1 by BlogTo.
Only they weren't open...which was both weird and annoying because they had no signage as to why or anything on the website.


So we quickly looked up the article once again and picked BlogTO's #3.
Saving Grace.
And boy were we glad we did.
Pic from here

We were a little worried when there was an hour wait.
(Mainly because we had a hungry 6 year old with us).
Luckily there was the cutest cafe across the street.


Loved the small detail's like the blue print on the coffee cups!


So we bounced across and got lemonades for us bow headband wearing girls.
And iced coffees for Jane and Brooke.
Which absolutely helped time fly by.




It definitely helped fill the time we waited.
Yup that's my new Lilly Pulitzer dress!



We were seated in the window seat.
Check out the menu.

All of us grownups got The Angela sandwich.
I asked for the tomato chutney on the side.
The girls wished they did too only because it was a little too sweet.
I thought the sandwich was AMAZING!
AND really that was the only critique.
It was a lot of food the sandwich came with a good size salad and roasted potatoes.
We all would definitely go back again.



So super cute...though only about 20 seats...no wonder it gets so jam packed!


Then we headed to Val's place downtown (Brooke hadn't seen it yet).
Before heading down to Harbourfront.
A really cool area on the lake.
Pic from here

They had a bunch of kids activities/shows...Circus themed this weekend.
Brooke's daughter had fun so that was important.
Pic from here

Pic from here...we did watch this fire juggler for a bit.
 
Before I knew it we had to head back to my place.

Brooke and Jane made plans with Eva and Quinn in Kingston.
So they had to get back on the road.


So umm I get what you're thinking (well probably).
No I didn't bring anything up about St.Patrick's Day weekend.
I know I should have.
But I was just enjoying the weekend so much with the girls.
I really really missed them and having a fun girly weekend.
Saturday night I totally crashed because I was just exhausted!
Plus I had plans with MrKent for a Monday night date...

No comments:

Post a Comment