Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Cinco de Mayo!


I promise I don't regularly dress up my dog...only for a photo op or two. 
He is honestly the greatest dog on this planet! 
Did you know I looked for something in my city to do today for Cinco de Mayo
and there is literally NOTHING to do except on June 12th...
seriously on June 12th is the celebration in the afternoon at a Garden Market area. 
I'm kind of confused by this.
  Guess I will have to wait for my move to the TDot to be able to celebrate Cinco de Mayo in style (Mexico food and a daiquiri ...yummo!) would be great but I don't qualify Taco Bell as Mexican Food and that is the option in my city.  Next year is looking way way up!


2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing it's because it celebrates the Mexican victory over the French. Isn't Canada known for being established by the French, and aren't there quite a few French-Canadians? This quote come from Time via good ol' Wikipedia, ""The Puebla victory came to symbolize unity and pride for what seemed like a Mexican David defeating a French Goliath."

    My boys told me this information Cinco de Mayo celebrated a victory over the French yesterday, so I was curious enough to look it up today when I saw your post. Love learning new things from them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pink Sun Drops- hmmm that would make sense if I lived in Quebec (our French province) but Canada is quite diverse in that sense. I think I just needed to be in a bigger metropolitan (ie. Toronto or Vancouver) to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Though I'm guessing it wouldn't be a big holiday in the French Parts of Canada haha. How interesting because I had not idea that is what it was for. Your boys are teaching all kinds of people (me too!) new things...awesome :)

    ReplyDelete