Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day Two: Teagan and Taylor Ruin Toronto Official Trip Photo Post

~Day Two: Sunday~

We woke up slightly dehydrated and ready to get on the move.
Eva called us to see if we were on our way and we were all totally still in bed haha.
Which is enough to put Eva, Jane and Brooke into a bit of a panic so we did try to hurry,
but we were still 15 minutes late...oops!

We had a DELISH breakfast.
The coffee is great and they put cinnimon in it too!
I'm glad the girls got us there by about 10:30am or so because by 12:30pm when we were leaving the place was JAM packed!

They are know for their different eggs Benedict.


My breakfast...huge breakfast portions for $8-12.  You can make a joke about the size of side order sausage...all the girls did. 


We ordered this to split between the 6 of us.  They are known for this it takes a half hour for them to bake it.  It is all kinds of apple Cinnamon deliciousness.  We were all so full I think we each took about 2 bites.

On a bummer note I totally the night before had forgotten to ask Eva to get an overnight parking pass for her condo so we went back to her place expecting at least a $30 ticket...but when we got there we were ticket free!  Woohoo!

We headed to Yorkdale mall to do some shopping.  Taylor is the GREATEST shopping buddy.  We don't need to spend hours but still feel like we are thorough.  We got GREAT victoria secret T-shirts where were amazing.  The front says "Pink Loves Canada" and the back says "Love Pink Eh!" and they are bright pink! (And we got the same ones haha).  Then we ventured into Burberry because I needed to figure out my size (6 now we know) for my Burberry Coat goal (see here).  What was interesting is I found out that in Canada you can only buy what they have in stock.  You can't order anything into the store.  So for me who wants their long classic trench I will have to order it likely from the US (again how lucky am I to have Taylor?)  We both thought is was interesting that only the higher end trenches were carried in the Canadian stores (like the trenchs before tax are $1600+).  So it was still great because I felt like we at least nailed down a size AND learned some cute different ways to wear the trench (hello there is more than one way!!!)  So that was a success.

We then headed to the grocery store to get wine, cheese, baguette and olives for an afternoon snack in the hotel.  We pulled up to the hotel which is freaking amazing!  I am reminded every time why it is my FAV hotel in Toronto.  The hotel bathroom has HEATED floors which is a wonderful luxury.

View from our room (its Toronto and the hotel is only 4 floors)...but a pretty "Canadian" view.

Our Room!


The closet/change area between the bathroom and room area.

The amazing Marble bathroom.

We promptly changed into robes and lay in bed snacking, drinking wine and switched on E to find Keeping Up with the Kardashians (one of our great guilty pleasures)...which turned into the Red Carpet at the Golden Globes.  It was a perfect relaxing afternoon.


Note the Kardashians on TV haha.
Then we got ready to go to dinner because we had reservations at Oliver and Bonacini's Cafe Grill on Yonge and Front (right downtown).  We had at that point eaten too much cheese and bread so we decided to get something light.  So we both had salads and soup and split a bottle of Prosecco.  The soup was so freaking amazing.  It is the first mushroom soup I have ever liked because it had no cream (which I hate in soups) or butter...it was a pureed.  Inside was totally gorgeous too.  For dessert they had a Butter Tarte that was warmed.  A butter tarte is another very "Canadian thing" ...Taylor described it as Pecan Pie without the Pecans.  It was delishious! This was my first time at an Oliver and Bonacini restaurant but I would go to any of them now based on this experience between the service and food it was exceptional.





Prosecco!





Butter Tarte!



We then headed back to the hotel bar.  At first we were the only two in there.  At the most there was 10 people in there.  The bartender was AMAZING and I wanted him to be my new best friend in Toronto but how do you say that to someone?  Hey you are cool and fun to talk to and I need more friends in Toronto so can we be friends???  So no I didn't go there.  There was a total OBNOXIOUS guy that came in with a lady "friend" that waited until she went to the bathroom to buy US drinks (though we tried to refuse at least 3 times)....which made it akward when she came back from the bathroom.



He was annoying so we managed to fake finish our drinks then head up to our room...here are some pics on the way up to our room (Taylor is great at capturing little details with pictures!)



... where we promptly hung out in the bathroom...HELLO heated floors remember.  Had some great chats before heading to bed.

To be continued!

 

2 comments:

  1. I think I may need to pick up that Pink shirt when I'm in Windsor next weekend.

    My boss always brings butter tarts into the office. hahaha.

    And your weekend looks amazing and perfect. You two totally deserved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @A- Yes the shirt is so cute and its the perfect like worn in/soft & comfy so its great. How funny that your boss brings in butter tarts. I have to admit it was my first one too (I know very "unCanadian" of me) but it was great. It was an awesome weekend and I can't wait for our next girls trip :)

    ReplyDelete