Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day One: Teagan and Taylor Ruin Toronto Official Trip Photo Post

Okay so before this is officially posted...I went back and forth for awhile over whether to actually put pictures of me on this post (or this blog for that matter).  I'm really struggling with this idea.  I could go through photos and blur out faces etc.  For now I'm just going to include pictures that don't have peoples faces...one day I will be brave but for now I will leave it at this.  If you want to read a quick run down of what the plan was check out my post from a few weeks ago.  I also have to confess that I suck at taking pictures so thank goodness for Taylor because she took all of these and emailed them to me within the week (I know I know can she be any more organized and amazing?!)

~Day Point Five/One~ 
Well actually I picked up Taylor on Friday night from the airport at 11:30pm.  Thank goodness I was able to head to Toronto early and hang out with Eva for a few hours before hand so that I could break up the drive a bit.  We headed to Tim Hortons right away and of course had no problem chatting away on the drive home.  Of important note we arrived at Tim Hortons probably around 12:30am and it was PACKED and there was a lineup at the counter!  If that wasn't a good "Canadian" first impression I'm not sure what is? haha 

I've missed Taylor so much and it has been almost a year since we have been together (her trip in February 2010 to Asia to see me).  When we got home around 2am...we stayed up until 4:30am-ish yapping away which wasn't so good on our beauty rest.  In fact it's probably a good thing I don't have face photos up because I look exausted (huge dark circles under the eyes yucko!)  Of course the first thing she did is hand over the Lilly bag and scarf that I talked about before.  Even more pretty in person and perfect and Kappa.  I die (to quote Rachel Zoe).  We both squealed in delight (even though she has had her Lilly tote for months!)

We had to wake up at 9am and gave ourselves a time limit so we could make it to our first appointment on time (with a Tim Hortons stop first of course).  I made appointments at my mom's spa for manicures/pedicures in the morning.  We both decided on the OPI colour "You don't know Jacques" from the France Collection.  It is the perfect blend of gray and taupe.



Fashionable Taylor informed me was the "it" colour of the year. 

Oh total side note I love having a friend
that doesn't mind things like getting the same
polish colour or bag or dress. 
We don't live in the same city so it isn't that big of a deal
but you know how some girls are competitive like that? 
Taylor isn't at all...yet another quality that makes her my bestie. 

So I couldn't vent about this before but we totally had to switch our appointments around (when I booked it weeks ago) because on Thursday one of the hair stylists broke her wrist.  So instead of having our appointment side by side the whole time we had to do our hair kind of back to back (which really wasn't that bad).  So after our manis/pedis we went to MAC for our makeup (so fun) and then back to the spa to get final touches on our hair.  After that we headed to my parents house.  Taylor got to see my dog there (my parents were dog-sitting for the weekend).  We ate a quick salad and then headed out to Eva's place.  We even managed to catch my dad on our way out of town by literally passing him on the street.  Both my parents were SO excited to see Taylor.




They promptly invited her back in the summer (when it is much nicer weather).  These are pictures from the street on the way there and my parents backyard which is why she was invited to come back in the summer.

We drove to Toronto hitting a little bit of bad weather (see above).  Taylor got to experience some sliding and laughed when I was like "oops I slipped" when the car started to slide (but we didn't hit anything!)  Hmmm it was very lucky we didn't completely 360 on that road because it was a bad slip and I could have caught a wheel and spun out completely... good thing my winter driving skills are up to par.  We arrived at Eva's (an hour late oops!) but made it inside.  We had great appetizers and drinks.  Everyone made it out and it made my heart smile.  Brooke drove from Ottawa to Kingston (1.5 hours) to meet Jane and they drove into Toronto (~2.5 hour drive).  Quinn switched her schedule at work to make it there with her husband.  Val was there too.  And Eva was the hostess with the mostest.  It was our last little party in her condo as it is sold and she is moving into her big girl married (in may) house in less than 10 days.

We all headed  to the Distillery District for dinner...which is GORGEOUS! 


"What you will find is a dramatic fusion of old and new. An inspired blend of Victorian Industrial architecture and stunning 21st century design and creativity. The result is an internationally acclaimed village of one-of-a-kind stores, shops, galleries, studios, restaurants, cafes, theatres and more."  Click here to find out more. 








The host was nice but a little creepy.  He said our reservations for 9:30pm but they were clearly (and over email) for 9pm.  So he sent over a complimentary bottle of Proseco (yummo) which is an Italian sparkling wine.  Dinner was AMAZING!







The company was perfect and I had most of my girls in one place (heck there is still some spread between Winnipeg, Austin, Dallas and Kansas City).  I didn't get misty eyed but didn't linger on that to much because I'm a waterworks lately.  I really wish I could convey what it meant to have a group of the girls together in one place.  My rocks, my support system and just people that have hearts of gold.  I am so SO lucky to have friends like this!  Anywho I think we didn't finish dinner until around midnight or so and well we were all so full and sleepy we decided to head home.  Taylor and I headed to Val's, and Brooke and Jane stayed at Eva's place.  When we got to Val's place we made a yummy spiced Chai tea...where poor Taylor was so tired she totally just fell asleep on the couch.  She made it into pajama's (of course great Victoria Secret PJ's with stars all over), didn't quite make it to take off her jewellery but did manage to take off her fake eyelashes (which was a step farther than me) haha.  We went to sleep full and happy.  I haven't felt this happy in SUCH a long time.  It was a great day.
To be continued...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, so awesome. I love those moments when you're so happy to be surrounded by so many people who you love (and who love you) that you're on the verge of bursting into tears...or into the biggest smile this world has ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Taylor's post on her blog about this trip and it seems as if you both had an amazing weekend. So made me wish that I was real life friends with both of you! So glad I finally got to see pictures of you as well. I can't wait to meet Taylor next month when she comes to SF!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @A- I coudln't have said that better. That is exactly how I felt. Thank goodness I kept it together.
    @Liz- That is so sweet! Yes she has pics up I look super tired haha. You will love her! She is a doll and wonderful friend. If at some point I am in SF I would love to meet up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I LOVED reading about this on both of y'alls blogs. You two have such an amazing friendship and it makes me happy! Plus... the amazing food dishes and cute nail polish pics just add to my happiness.
    @Liz- she is AMAZING!! You will love her.

    ReplyDelete