Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Trophies/Ribbons/Awards/Accolades Part One!

*Ack this is seriously very delayed oopsie!

Imagine my surprise as I was reading one of my FAVOURITE blogs (seriously check it out) about her post and I was recognized.  Seriously who doesn't love trophies/ribbons/awards/accolades?!  I've only been blogging for a short while and I really am using it to try and sort out the big tangle of a mess that is my current life.  So to be recognized for my ramblings that otherwised are spilled to only my closest girlfriends on one of our fabulous weekends is amazing.  I also had no idea how it was such a community.  I really thought of it as one way like an online journal (kind of Dougie Hower-esque) but it is EVEN better because some people respond or comment or encourage and it makes a great difference in my day.

Rules:
1) Thank & Link back to the person who gave you the award
2) Answer the following 10 questions
3) Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
4) Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.

1. Why did you create this blog?
To try and sort out things to keep it a simple as explanation as possible.  The reality...I feel like I was possibly following a roller coaster of life where my peaks were the best highest peaks ever (and always involving falling in love with a boy) but with the biggest hugest scariest falls (involving you guessed it boys!)  This last fall included getting engaged/married (yes its confusing), moving across the world, planning a big wedding, running into immigration issues, giving up a career (albeit temporarily), having to cancel everything...face my family and closest friends with the truth...that I messed up...again.  So this is me trying to sort it all out...while doing an ExBoyfriend Project to try and NOT make the same mistakes again.


2. What kind of blogs do you follow? (where I will include my 7 versitile blogs I follow).
Here are the blogs that I follow (well actually I follow a ton) but here are the one I deem versitile.


~So Midwestern: a really fun great writer.  I started reading her blog and immediately used 3 days (at work-I'm allowed so don't judge) basically reading back into her archives.  She is someone I could see myself being really good friends with (probably something to do with her great writing).

~Gorgeous Footsteps in the Sand:  Fun, unique, I find myself liking similar things that she posts about

~Girl from Florida: I completely identify with her though I'm not in the same stage in my life exactly.  She is so pretty and I love her style.  Her kids are so darn cute!

~Need your pillow fluffed?:  Another great writer and someone I checked out her previous posts.  She seems like such an awesome person with a great outlook.  I marvel in her strength. 

~Sex, Lies and Dating in the City: Funny and totally reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw...kind of like a very outspoken older sister.  Awesome.

~Austin SunDrops:  I can't express how much of an inspiration this pretty girl is to me.  She does it all and with style and grace.  Kind of one of those really cool people who seem laid back and definitely a California girl.  When I'm having a bad day I can look at her blog and think wow one day it can be good like that.  (All without feeling like it is impossible).  I know I can't re-reward her but I have to (sometimes shockingly I can't follow the rules!) 

~Two Beans or not two beans:  This makes me want to pack up my bags (again) and move to a foreign country.  Its fun to see the French food and style from a fun, young North American perspective.

3. Favorite Make-Up Brand?
Tart.  See this post about them...they always have the BEST holiday combo packs that last me more than a year.

4. Favorite Clothing Brand?
Just one...can't do just one.  Ones that I currently afford: Banana Republic, Forever 21, Cotton On, Lilly Pulitzer, Seven Jeans (the ONLY ones that fit my wonky body shape...specifically Dojo fit).
Ones that need to become a staple in my wardrobe...one day (ie. overall a little pricy):  DVF, Marc Jacobs, more Lilly Pulitzer, Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Lauren Conrad

5. Indispensable Make-Up Product?
My Tart Holiday Glamour Pack (did I mention I LOVE it)!

6. Favorite Color?
Pink


7. Favorite Perfume?
I wear two (not at the same time!)  It is between Burberry London (more in the winter) and Theirry Mugler's Angel (more in the summer).

 
8. Favorite Film?
Hmmm another tought one...used to say Love Actually (but more when I was on the "happy" side of things).  I'm a huge movie person so again I can't narrow it down to one.  Here are a few:  The Sweetest Thing, Easy A, Bridget Jones Diary (1 and 2!), Legally Blond (the first one), Princess Diarys (yea I said it), The Prince and Me, Save the Last Dance,

9. What country would you like to visit and why?
Hmmm 3 months ago I would have answered Italy...until I planned my entire 10 day honeymoon to Rome/Florence/Venice (all in a cute pink notebook with everything from restaurants to hotels to sightseeing in it)...which is obviously NOT happening so like my wedding planner binder is now buried somewhere in a closet.  Hmmm so even though I have a travel bug I'm being a hermit and not thinking of travelling both because I lost what I thought was my forever travel buddy and because now I have to save and pay off all the wedding deposits and to try and make a big move!)  For the sake of answering the question...and providing something unique ...Delhi, India (one of my previous flatmates in Singapore just bought a condo there).

 

10. Would you rather forget to put on mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face? Hmmm I guess I would have to say blush...even though sometimes I put it on way too noticible.  I love mascara and think it can make a huge difference in how you look.  Also I think I would rather draw attention the eyes.  I've never been one of those people who is known to have really nice eyes (probably why I have a penchent for beautiful blue eyes!)  Mine are brown...unless you know me super well then they are brown with an outline of green. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment