Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour

So in trying to keep positive and going on with my life I bought tickets to something way too early haha.
This October is where the Cirque du Soleil's Michael Jackson Immortal World Tour will be close to my area.
I have mixed feelings on purchasing these tickets.
First because the show COMPLETELY sold out they added a second one (which I figured was a sign I should buy a ticket). 
Second I likely won't be living in this city (but likely will be within a 2 hour journey of the city).
Third it is a "touring" Cirque which while still good tend to leave me disappointed versus the shows in Vegas.
I've seen a tent show in Dallas (Varekai), O in Vegas (twice), Quidam recently in Kingston (my posts about that are here and here).
I'm very surprized that this is actually a touring show given that it is a Michael Jackson tribute. 
I mean they have both the Beatles and the Elvis Presley shows in Vegas...so when they announced the Michael Jackson tribute I assumed it would be in Vegas (it turns out it is but not until 2012 or 2013 after the touring show).
I was never a crazy Michael Jackson fan but I do enjoy his music and am always surprized at the amount of songs I do know are his (I am super horrible at knowing who sings what)...and I'm guessing it will be his more well known songs used. 
Forth ...how optimistic was I ...I ordered 2 tickets (maybe I will have a date haha or at least offer it to one of my amazing girlfriends).  So something to look forward to in October!



2 comments:

  1. Ordering tickets to things way far in advance is SO something that I love to do. It gives you something to look forward to! ...and time to find a hot date. woohoo!

    I bet that show will be totally awesome, too. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think you and I both like to plan things in advance. I'm so down for planning a blogger trip to Africa haha:)

    ReplyDelete