Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day Three: Teagan and Taylor Ruin Toronto Official Trip Photo Post

~Day Three: Monday~

We woke up in my favourite hotel ever. 
Seriously if you go to Toronto you HAVE to stay at the Soho Metropolitan hotel. 
AND if you join iPrefer you get an automatic upgrade (both FREE!)
I wish I could live in their condos (but its so OUT of my price range but such a dream anyway!)
So I got up and got ready to go pick up Bella who took the train into Toronto.
It had gotten so cold that the train was delayed due to frozen tracks. 
So I went to the bakery to get some macarons and croissants and pain du chocolat for breakfast.
We then headed to the Bata Shoe Museum which was so fun!


Juno award shoes (Drake, Shania Twain, Michael Buble to name a few).


Grass socks from the frozen dude.


Napolean's socks!








We all agreed shoe art would be so cute hung in like a large closet or dressing room!
After that we had an amazing lunch at Auberge du Pommier.
Lovely and classy and perfect.






If I ever get married again THIS would be the ultimate venue.
It is so light and airey and neutral and perfect.
One day I will have that hope again.
Back to the amazing trip.
The food was to die for.







Their own brand of wine made at Vineyard in Niagara.  The O&B Group also have a restaurant called ...(you guessed it) Jump and it was pretty delishious.














So we had a great lunch and trip and all we had was a short 15-20 minute drive to the airport (that I had taken into account with the planning).
What I DIDN'T take into account was the traffic accident.
So the whole time I felt so bad because clearly Taylor was stressed about missing her flight.
When we were STILL on the highway with about an hour left before her flight took off we tried to check her in online (which doesn't work that close to the flight).
So literally we pulled up and she RAN in with Bella with probably less than 30 minutes before the flight was scheduled to TAKE OFF.  Huge HUGE problem for an international flight.
But somehow she was able to get rushed onto the flight.
But I felt HORRIBLE that is how she ended her trip and totally stressful.
Next time I will have to plan that way way better.
Not the way I wanted Taylor's trip to end.
Also how fantastic are all these photos?!  Taylor's talent knows no end. 
She does a GREAT job and thank goodness or else I would have none of these awesome photos!

So Bella and I then headed home.
As we literally pulled off the highway exit to our city.
I slowed down for the street lights.
Then when I went to put my foot on the accelerator...nothing.
I pushed the accelerator to the floor and ....nothing.
We still had some momentum and I was able to pretty much coast into the parking lot of a hotel just off the exit.
So then we had to call Bella's parents to pick us up (they were closer than my parents who live all the way across town).
So we unloaded my car and then we went to her place where we watched the Bachelor and Keeping Up with the Kardashians. 
Then I headed home to get ready for the work week without a car.
Which meant I got to work from 7am-5pm so I could catch a ride to work with my dad.
This weekend was totally worth it.
So annoyed that the car just died.
Hopefully the way the weekend ended is not a sign of things to come.
I do know for a while I was able to laugh and enjoy my friends and life again.
Thank goodness for my amazing girlfriends.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, stupid cars and stupid transportation and accidents and all of that mess that stresses you and your travel partners out. Dislike!

    Everything: Like x 500.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you and Taylor had the exact same photos on both of your blogs!! So cute. Her trip to see you looks like SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @A- hshs thanks :)

    @Flmgodog- We had a great time ...and she totally goto me into blogging so I learned from the best! I can't take any credit for the photos they are all her :)

    ReplyDelete