Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Monday, February 7, 2011

OTH Life Lessons...How long does it take?

"Do you ever wonder how long it takes to change your life? What measure of time is enough to be life altering?
Is it four years like high school?
One year?
An eight week rock tour?
Can your life change in a month, or a week, or a single day? We're always in a hurray to grow up,
to go places, to get ahead.
And when you're young, one hour can change everything."

I wonder what it is for me.
This struck me so deep.
My life has changed so many times in the last 5 years I can't even begin to wrap my mind around it.
In 5 years I've been in love twice, lived in 3 different countries, made mistakes (huge mistakes), travelled to new countries, found out I have the best friends in the world, hiked a volcano just to watch the sunrise and learned when it comes down to it I can survive.
Yes I have made mistakes...but really are they mistakes if they take you to the place where you are meant to be....hmmm I will check in when I feel like I'm where I'm meant to be.  Right now still not so much.
This just reverberates so much with me. 
I feel like 8 minutes can change everything (the time it took for Spencer to end our engagement/marriage over the phone).
I can't wait to see what other changes are ahead. 
xoxo
Teagan

No comments:

Post a Comment