Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Family Day Catch Up

And I'm back!
Officially blogging "real time".
Well as close to real time as possible
with travelling back in time to contribute to the ExBoyfriend Project
which has taken a back burner this last month.

I definitely feel like I need to get back to it so that I can get out of it if that makes sense.
But it doesn't help to be thrust back into talking with one of the Ex's (Jacob is killing me).
But I'm just so darn weak and craving all the attention he is giving me.
I need to stop and just need to make a clean break.
Which I think will be so much easier when I move to the Tdot (that is slang for Toronto haha).

So lets try and catch up on everything...

Today...is family day in Canada.
Family Day is a holiday that you are supposed to spend with you family.
I'm at work.
I think my Mom is having a hard time with my Grandpa passing away but I don't know how to handle this.
I don't know how to even talk about it with her.
I feel totally uncomfortable about the whole situation.
So before work I dropped off my dog to spend the day with her.
She loves my dog and I know he is really good company when I am sad.
So that is me trying.

The tests...how did they go?
Well I think it will need it's own post.
Let's just say the next 6 weeks will be long to await the results.
So in Calgary I pretty much saw my hotel room and the testing sites.

Winterpeg was super fun!
I got to see Sophie which was amazing and I'm proud that I'm the first of the girls to go visit her there.
And her house and her dog and her husband.
All nice things and we had lots of fun too but totally deserves a post.

Work is well work.
There is a super huge pile of things.
And the one older receptionist had to work all weekend because I was gone all last week (oops).
So I'm working away (and clearly blogging also).

And in uber Canadian news...Roll Up the Rim is back!!!
Don't know what that is?  Well Wikipedia explains it great
Each March, Tim Hortons holds a very large marketing campaign called Roll Up The Rim to Win. Over thirty one million prizes are distributed each year, including vehicles, televisions, and store products. Customers determine if they have won prizes by unrolling the rim on their paper cup when they have finished their drink, revealing their luck underneath.

Example of a winning cup...so NOT my hand FYI I don't have man hands haha.

What a losing cup says...very Canadian "Please play again."
So I got my first cup and I won...a free coffee!
Good way to start even if I would rather win the car or 3D TV package haha.
Well I will try my luck this year and see what I can score.

I do have a ton of stuff planned in the next couple of weeks.
I also want to put a dent in the ExBoyfriend Project badly.
Something about it feels like I need to do it to get closure and be able to move on.
I will be clear in that I'm NOT looking to jump into another relationship
BUT I would like to flirt a little...you know, check and see if I still "have it". 
Slowly stretch those flirt muscles and see if I can get back to feeling more human and more like myself. 
The hermit "look" and feeling just isn't "Teagan".

In all honestly...I thought after this week I would be happier and ready to move on.
But I feel kind of icky.
I'm hoping it's just the day.
I'm guessing for awhile it will be good days and bad days.
But I was kind of just hoping for good days over and over haha.


2 comments:

  1. OMG, so I go in to work on Monday and my Canadian coworker (one of many) was like "hey, guess what?" and thrusts his coffee in my direction and I saw that it was a Roll Up cup and this is how I reacted (seriously): EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ROLL UP! I LOVE ROLL UP AND WHEN IT IS TIME FOR ROLL UP, THAT MEANS SPRING IS COMING.

    I am not Canadian but, reading your blog makes me feel like I am. :)

    Hope the next 6 weeks fly by for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome A. Totally honorary Canadian for sure. Here's to counting day the next 6 weeks (and hopefully lots of winning roll up the rims in the meantime).

    ReplyDelete