Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Angry Girl

I'm fuming.
I'm so angry I don't know whether to burst into tears or punch something (and I'm so NOT a violent person).
Totally set off by the inevitable.
Remember when I said it can't get any worse here.
I was wrong.

So I contacted some lawyers that handles divorces in Canada.
Which in itself is humiliating and depressing.
I never wanted a divorce...he did.

So after contacting multiple lawyers and getting estimates etc.
The best "deal" I can get...
$350 per hour (which for a separation agreement they generally run $2000)
But if there are numerous negotiations and revisions to the agreement it can be more...not so awesome.
Then the divorce part would be $1400.
So I'm looking at a minimum of $3400+
I'm fuming.

How is this fair?!
I didn't even want the divorce.
Gosh I so wasn't even married how does this b*llsh*t even count.
It's so unfair.
So not counting the other expenses of me flying him here for visiting, the brand new washer and dryer my parents got "us" that we had delivered to his state directly, the AAA membership I added him on as my husband etc. (because If I thought of all those things that would make me violently ill.)
Between wedding deposits lost (that I paid for entirely) after all he was already my "husband" and I wasn't going to make him send money to Canada (stupid STUPID Teagan) that was ~$4500 remember here?
The immigration lawyer (that filed my immigration papers then pulled them at Spencer's request) $3600.
Now this $3400.
I'm so far out $11,500.
Yup that's what I get for following my heart.
That's what I got for trusting what someone told me.
It was SO not worth it.
I don't care what anyone says...if I could go back and change it I would.
Single.most.massive.failure.in.my.entire.life.
Epic fail Teagan way to go! (see a sarcasm font is way necessary).
Now pay for it.
Lesson learned.


PS. Why don't I use my gorgeous sparkly engagement ring as payment (ie. sell it) for any of these things.  Because it was fake. I'm not even kidding.  Awesome.  That story will be covered later.  Promise.

4 comments:

  1. I left a few comments elsewhere, but I just realized that they might not have posted because I never follow through with the word screener. UGH- where does your "spencer" story start? I love your blog and want to start from the beginning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got one comment on Chapt X41 post :) Ughhh I just want to apologize because it is sort of a mess right now my "ExBoyfriend Project". Spencer is part of why I started this whole blog. But I haven't done a lot of his full story yet because it is most painful and recent and still occuring (not fully closed through the relationship is fully ended). So probably to the right the "X" chapters are the start of him. I'm trying to keep it organized using the right side but I'm afraid it is still confusing. Hope that helps. Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awful lesson to learn. I'm sorry that you had to learn it all this way. Could you please send me his address so that I can kick him in the teeth? Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He totally needs a kick in the teeth! Trying to pretend that "everything happens for a reason" but that seems like such b*llsh*t right now.

    ReplyDelete