Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Trophies/Ribbons/Awards/Accolades Part Two!

And the next fabulous award!

Quoted from who gave me this award who is very stylish herself "As per the person who awarded Ashley, "A 'stylish' blog isn't all about clothes or fashion, but about blogs of real heart and that keep you coming back for more." These are the kinds of blogs I love to read."  Thank you thank you thank you to pinksundrops for this award ...you are definitely a stylish blogger.


Rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about this award.

I will try and keep the 7 things relatively short and to the point

~I have the BEST friends in the entire world.  They totally have been pulling me through this rough time.

~I know tons of useless information (related to pop culture usually)...like did you know that Roots (though a "Canadian" company) was started by 2 Americans that moved to Canada in the 70s.  Or that Lauren Conrad has a new reality show coming back on that I've know about for months ( and that I'm DYING to see).  Or that Kim Kardashian has been married before and it was a secret (just like me so she gives me hope)...anywho I was going to keep this short.  I know things like what is the "Dougie" or that Justin Bieber's signature colour is Purple.

~Sometimes I seriously think I'm adopted.

~I would give up everything for love (and I have).

~I'm really really loyal...to a fault.

~I'm girly...really girly I love pink and bows and pearls and stripes and preppy things (like headbands) ...but I'm worried I'm getting too old to pull it off.

~Something I haven't confessed to anyone...I'm secretly afraid I "peaked" like 3 years ago (ie. reached the best looking I will ever be in my life) and I won't find anyone or by the time I do find someone to settle down with (my number one dream in life hey judge me if you want to) I will be two old to wear a huge princess ballgown because it will be ridiculous!  And THAT makes me sad.  I know it is shallow and really in the grand scheme of things not important but it bothers me.

Since I began blogging less than two months ago here are the ones that I've just started and love their style.  Sometimes I feel almost guilty reading all their past posts but I love them and just want to learn more about their story. 


~ Sparkles and Sundresses:  She's a Kappa and she has worked at Lilly.  How could I not love it?!  Mix in that she has such a fun blog...that I can't wait to read the next entry.  She seems to live the same style and fashion that I love.  I totally have read her entire blog.

~ Canadian Prep: I absolutely love this blog.  She has style that I totally love.  She is a Canadian but loves stuff from the South which is totally me.  I also found so many blogs because she had them linked on her blog.  Sometimes she sketches her outfits (I LOVE that!)

~ beautiful.dirty.rich:  Someone who just seems so cool.  Like the cooler, smarter, big sister (though I'm likely older she has it more together for sure) I wished I had.  She just got a house and it is GORGEOUS and I woudn't change a thing about it (her decorating is to die for!) 

 ~ The Tale of a Southern Belle: Southern and preppy and has a wedding countdown at the top.  Basically me before my life completely fell apart at the end of November.  She writes an awesome blog and has a great sense of style!

~ College Prep: So fun, so preppy, and so me.  Makes me feel like I'm reading Gossip Girl (minus the scandel) mixed with One Tree Hill (uber good but her blog is much more classy and less New Yorker than Gossip Girl) mixed with the Hills (young girls very in style) mixed with Legally Blond (school stuff)...therefore I totally love it.

~ Black is the new black:  Great style and great links.  Fun college senior that I will live vacariously through.

~ Effortless Style blog:  Very professional style/designer blog. From how-tos and before and afters.  So fun to look at.

~ Sophie Pyle Style:  More serious decorating.  Love her posts and photos.  It was the first time I saw the Lily Pulitzer home line and I nearly died it looks like it will be amazing!

~ Young House Love:  They have like a gazillion followers.  And though I couldn't be further from where they are in life (though I secretly wish I was).  I love their before and afters and there easy to follow instructions (though I haven't actually tried them they SEEM really easy to follow!).  Always really fun posts and I love the gray they just painted in the main area of their house.

~ Shallow and Very Very Single:  Really fun read.  She is travelling to Asia now and I can't wait to read about it when she gets back. 

1 comment: