Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I believe in...Daddy's Girls

So not to be too excited because there are still too many things on edge.
Like I'm supposed to move to Toronto on Saturday but I don't have a place to move to...stress!

Then I got a bill for basically my association (which is mandatory to participate in)...after searching through my papers (didn't I just pay a couple of thousand to do this???).  I realized that the provincial one is from Aug 1-July 31st each year...therefore the scrimping and saving for a new place and other fees I was stumped how I would come up with ANOTHER ~$2200 by the 31st.

So I was upset and I told my dad...something along the lines of that I keep trying and things (well expenses) keep coming up and I'm homeless (I know I was being way over dramatic)  and I'm really really stressed.
My dad (who is my hero and does not give things with strings attached).
Said these magic words "I'll take care of it don't tell your mum."
These words have saved me in the past.
As a stronger, better independent person would refuse the gesture.
But I couldn't.
Not now...not on the brink of good things after such a crappy crappy year.

So I accepted gratefully.
Then randomly we were chatting and he said...how come you don't listen to that music player (dad talk for iPod) anymore you used to have that thing with you everywhere.
I admitted that it was one of the things Spencer had and didn't return and that it was okay I would save up for one in the future.
My dad then said...Teagan I think you've been punished enough...seriously you've been working so hard and you don't complain (clearly he doesn't read/know about the blog haha)...order one...consider it a new job gift.

And that my friends is how today I ordered a pink nano...the new kind.

How stellar are things starting to work out for this kid?
Now I just need good news on the apartment front.

I was stuck on the free engraving part of the order for awhile.
I finally decided on part of an Audrey Hepburn quote...I believe in pink (and then added my initials).
Ever see it?
I've seen it in two different parts...(from brainyquote.com)

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

And thought that it would serve as a little inspiration when needed.
So that is how my Tuesday is totally looking up.



PS I may have called Spencer's mum last night to try and get his contact info and probably left the worst message where I sounded like I was totally going to cry ughhh...its a step though.  The bigger step will be to contact my lawyer but I thought I would try and call Spencer's parents first by phone (which I did last night).  Then Thursday by email and then just give up by then on that front.  It is terrifying though to deal with that whole issue.

PPS Jacob is still messaging me daily but don't worry I'm still ignoring it...daily :)

PPPS MM left for business trip to Cali this past Saturday so that is why you won't hear much or haven't heard much as of late but he messages me daily...and I totally respond :)  Oh yea and we are officially dating/seeing each other...whatever that means.
I love it.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, yay!! Nice to have a bright spot in all your family issues. Sounds like he totally supports what you're doing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting about MM... your dad sounds great, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that your dad stepped up for you, girl. You need somebody on your side. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. @PinkSunDrops- I would agree my dad is a bright spot and is the most supportive. It is a nice relief.

    @Beth- I was/am feeling pretty lucky ;)

    @A- Thanks :) I definitely do need someone on my side and I find incredible the support from my friends that I receive.

    ReplyDelete