Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

swallow

Sometimes it takes everything inside me to just swallow it up.
Ignore the brutal jokes and conversations that the family has.
Ignore how utterly wrong I feel when they make derogatory and racist comments.

Like when my lazy brother refuses to pick up after himself and my father says, 
"what do I look like your (fill in the blank that makes me shutter and cringe)".
And it gets to the point where I finally say something.
And my entire family looks at me like I'm crazy.
And laughs off how I'm no fun and too serious.

Sometimes I guess it is just better to swallow my thoughts.
Things got a lot smoother that way...

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. Feeling uncomfortable around family is the worst. Especially when you're supposed to be having fun on vacation!!!! Crossing fingers conversations have gotten better. Good for you for speaking up!

    ReplyDelete