Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Second, Third and Fourth Dates (not bases).

So I'm hesitant to write about these in detail.
I'm nervous and excited but trying not to be too nervous and excited if you know what I mean.
Probably because I have a big stressful horrible pseudomarriage that legally isn't dissolved at this point and will likely be a lengthy expensive process.
And I don't know how to tell him about it.

Here is what I do know...

Eva has been wanting to introduce us for a long time but her wedding was when it was first feasible (but incredibly awkward...read here).

We have been on dates 2, 3 and 4.
Date 2 He drove from the TDot to pick me up in my home town and BACK to the TDot for a super long date (basically restaurants in the Distillery District (where Taylor and I went when she visited the girls in the TDot) and walking around the TDot, etc.) and then drove me back home before he drove back to the TDot.
I was worried about being in a car for that long and running out of things to talk about but we never did.

We talk a ton.
He is easy to talk to and I look forward to hanging out with him.
He is kind and sweet and he always tries to make me laugh.
He ALWAYS opens the car door for me which I LOVE.

Date 3 was sushi and a martini bar (in Toronto after I had an interview).
I remember looking at him across the table and thinking...he is the total opposite of Spencer (dark features, shorter and well built (totally my type), good hair (sort of reminds of George Clooney hair without the gray), has a good lifestyle (he is a runner and eats healthy like me).
And he may have put me up in a hotel (and he didn't stay there so get your minds out of the gutter...heck we have not even had a kiss yet at all) so that I could go on a date and then make a 7am interview the next day (which was super sweet and considerate).

Date 4 was in my home town (he drove down from Toronto again).
We had lunch on Sunday then we went bowling.
It was fun and he didn't make me feel bad when I sucked big time.

All our dates have ended with awkward hugs.
I'm always so nervous wondering if he will kiss me or not and then there is that hug.
But it is kind of refreshing to be moving slow...especially with the conversation looming I'm going to have to have with him at some point about Spencer (which is stressing me out).

So I have a cautious crush on him.
I'm going slow.  And I'm trying not to like him too much (I know this is kind of a bizarre approach).
Last time's falling fast and deep in love didn't work out so well for me.
I like him already more than I want to...darnnit.





Pic from here

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This sounds so promising! He honestly seems like a great guy and I love that you were thinking that he's the opposite of Spencer. (Hopefully opposite in a lot of ways.)

    I totally get trying not to like him too much. Totally, totally get it. Logically, it makes no sense. And I do the same thing. (It's like I'm afraid of jinxing it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @A- Keeping my fingers crossed for it being the opposite in EVERYway possible. That is exactly it I'm afraid of jinxing it.

    ReplyDelete