I left work and headed to meet up Eva and Val to take them with me to my hometown to watch Cirque du Soleil's Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour.
We drove through crazy Toronto rush hour and the pouring rain to meet up with my parents, aunt, grandmother and brother.
It was AWESOME.
What a great show!
I did prefer this to the show us girls last saw
(you can read about it here and here if you missed it).
And it's Cirque which is artistic in itself.
And the message seemed to be of hope and unity and tolerance.
All and all it was pretty incredible.
This was the view from where we sat which gave us a good view of everything.
As you see we got there in plenty of time which gave us some time to catch up with my family.
Here are some pictures.
If you have a chance please go see it!
The video does WAY more justice than the pics.
And can you spot the person who is an amputee? He BLEW out minds!!!
It was so fun...and a pretty great way to spend a Wednesday night.
I wasn't sure what to expect to be honest but I loved it.
And yes this is a pole dancer.
But she was so incredible.
NOT that I have a lot of others to compare to haha.
If you want some more detail after the photos I included the list of Acts which can also be found on Wikipedia.
The acts of The Immortal World Tour are staged to the music of Michael Jackson.
- Childhood: The Mime awakens the inhabitants.
- Wanna Be Startin' Something: Dance and acrobatic number.
- Fanatics - Shake Your Body Down to the Ground: Five fanatics take pictures of the audience and try to get into the gates of Neverland.
- Dancing Machine: Welders perform on motorized cables.
- Ben: A celebration of Michael's love of animals.
- This Place Hotel: Aerial tango.
- Smooth Criminal: Dance routine.
- Dangerous: Pole-dancing act.
- Fanatics Medley: The fanatics are in a competition and are granted access to Neverland.
- Mime: Mime gains the talents of Michael and performs beatbox.
- Human Nature: Aerial act.
- Scary Story - Is It Scary: Contortion act.
- Bats - Threatened: Aerial act.
- Thriller: Free-running parkour act.
- Swans - I Just Can't Stop Loving You: Straps duo act.
- Beat It: The Fanatics manipulate Michael's iconic accessories.
- Jam: Hip-hop dance choreography with basketballs.
- Earth Song: Mime is tangled in the tree.
- Scream: Tumbling and aerial act.
- Gone Too Soon: The Mime cradles four horses in this ballad.
- They Don't Care About Us: Dance choreography.
- Heal the World - Will You Be There: Artists descend onto the stage with glowing red hearts.
- Megamix - Can You Feel It/Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough/Billie Jean/Black Or White: Swiss rings act, dance choreography, and world dance styles.
- Man In The Mirror: Finale is a celebration of Michael Jackson.
And I fell straight into bed just after one exhausted...but happy.
Pics from here, here,