Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Chapter S-13: Officially Together

Okay so Spencer's first night in Singapore was amazing.
You could not wipe off the smile on my face.
I also got a stern lecture from my three roomies for not coming home until the wee hours of the morning.

And only enough time to rush in shower, change and run out the door shouting..."I'll tell you all about it tonight!"  As we were all getting together for dinner.
So a day at work that obviously dragged.
It was incredible to break up my day with lunch with Spencer.

I was the happiest I had been in years.
He met me right after work and we headed out to dinner with the roomies.
Everyone loved him and everyone commented to me privately how in love with me he was.

My French and Indian roomate were placing bets for when the wedding would be.
And if you remember from way back when I lived with three boys.
Who were talking weddings faster then some of my girlfriends.

Our dinner turned into drinks which turned into 3am dancing at a bar.
Not forced...we just all were having fun and all didn't want the night to end.
Making the next mornings journey...ummm interesting to say the least.

We had planned on Spencer coming on our first big roomate trip.
One of the roomies couldn't go last minute for work.
So Spencer, myself and the other two roomies first took a cab to Malaysia (seriously it is that close).  Then took a ferry to a Tioman Island for three days.


The island is the big one not the small one haha.
Our weekend was filled with laughter and adventure.
One thing I remember was how great Spencer was with me.

When we first got to the resort we checked in.
Now it definitely is a small Malaysian island with only two hotels on the entire thing.
So the accomodations were clean and decent but by no means luxury.
When we checked into our first room the AC didn't work.
No problem it was "off season" so we checked into another room...where there was a family of ants living beside the bed.
Spencer could clearly see my distress at this point so as we climbed into the hotel suv (the rooms were far apart) to head to the NEXT room Spencer gently squeezed my hand and said, "don't worry I got this."
As we pulled up he kissed me and stopped me from getting out of the SUV.
He said, "I'm going to check it out first you relax here."
So he went and on the way up to the group of buildings asked for an upgrade and then viewed it and it was perfect.
So then he came to get me.
I LOVED this...it was so gallant and so gentlemanly and I couldn't stop beaming.

Our final AC working and non ant infested room :)

One of the days we rented a dive boat and snorkel gear (seriously it was $350 TOTAL for the whole day for the boat and all the gear and two staff (a boat captain and a dive person)).
Malaysia is a very reasonable place to travel.
So we had to do this snorkel day trip (much to my dismay haha).
You see one of my big things that I freak out about is the ocean.
I am absolutely convinced I will be eaten by a shark and the vast openiness frightens me.
Spencer grew up on the water and surfs.
His special forces training ensured he was amazing in the water.

It was only with his gentle reassurances and him just asking me to share this memory with me that coaxed me into the water.
I did bawl my eyes out at the top of the boat's ladder with fear (how embarrasing!!!)
But he just patiently explained that it was safe and he had swam all around to check.
 
I did eventually get it.  At first clinging to him for dear life.
I did work up the courage to even put my head down once or twice to see the brightly coloured fish.
He also didn't push me so hard that in the afternoon when I wanted to sunbath instead of working myself up to being in the scary ocean again, he understood.

I wasn't the only one that had an issue.
One of my flatmates was terrified as well.
And this made me fall in love with Spencer even more.

Let me explain what I mean.

My roomie (oh yea roomie=flatmate) was as freaked out as I was about the ocean.
So Spencer simply explained how great it was and calmed my roomie just like he did to me.
Then he HELD my roomies hand and entire time and didn't let go (which made my roomie feel way more comfortable).
Now let me explain.  My amazing sweet roomie is gay and I was worried how just the weekend may be for him and Spencer interacting (coming from Spencer being a Special Forces Army very conservative type guy and knowing he didn't really have a "diverse" group of friends).  But Spencer was incredibly cool about it.
I mean cool to the point of holding hands with my roomie.

Our Malaysian island vacation was wonderful.
We were officially together.
I loved him.
We stayed up so late every night talking about everything.
Whispering our hopes and dreams between kisses.
This was it! 
I was convinced this is why my life had unfolded in the way that it had. 
All the heartbreak, all the trauma, randomly ending up moving to Singapore...was all because of this...

I was meant to meet him and spend my life with him.
He also believed this so emphatically he was convinced if we hadn't met the night that we had we would have met another way in Toronto (where he had been for work before) or in Singapore.
He was so sooooo convinced of it (more so then myself actually)...and that made me believe.
It was the perfect glossy smooth surface of love...
I didn't even see the cracks.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment